Draperies and Curtains
You’ve made the initial investment and now you need to ensure your draperies are properly cared for. Allow Wagner’s European Fabricare to help you maintain the beauty of your window coverings. We offer removal of drapes, specialized cleaning, quick turn around times and re-installation. We also have the newest technology that provides your draperies with perfect pleating and are experts with all types of window coverings, including spring crest windoware!
Did you know that atmospheric conditions such as moisture, sun exposure, humidity, second hand smoke and cooking fumes can deteriorate your window coverings and cause them to wear out more quickly than expected? Regular cleaning of your window coverings will help remove these pollutants and help your draperies last longer and look better.
Here are a few tips to help you keep your window coverings from aging prematurely:
- Take care when selecting the type of fiber your drapes are made of.
- If possible rotate draperies from sun exposed windows to rooms with less sun exposure, this will equalize the environmental effect on all your drapes, helping them keep their color longer.
- Make sure to select draperies that aren’t just attractive, but that are also well made.
- Remember that lined draperies posses a life expectancy of approximately 5 years, unlined draperies 4 years and sheer fabrics – roughly 3 years. It is important to understand that prolonged exposure to sunlight will also shorten their life.
- Make sure your draperies are preshrunk! Due to excessive changes in relative humidity, cleaning can cause shrinkage. If shrinkage does occur – drapery finishing equipment can be used to re-stretch the fabric to its original size.
- Keep in mind your draperies should be cleaned by a professional on a regular basis to extend their life.
Keeping your window coverings well maintained will help extend their life and keep them looking beautiful.